Mission & Goals
The primary responsibility of the Board of Education is to establish programs and procedures that will best produce the educational achievement needed by district students. The Board must accomplish this while also being responsible for wise management of district resources. The Board must fulfill these responsibilities by functioning primarily as a legislative body to formulate and adopt policy, by selecting an executive officer to implement policy, and be evaluating the results.
In accordance with these principles, the Board shall seek to achieve the following goals:
1. to concentrate the Board’s collective effort on its policy-making and planning responsibilities
2. to formulate Board policies which best serve the educational interests of each student
3. to provide the Superintendent of Schools with sufficient and adequate guidelines for implementing Board policies
4. to maintain effective communication with the school community, the staff, and students in order to maintain awareness of attitudes, opinions, desires and ideas, and
5. to conduct Board business openly, soliciting and encouraging broad based involvement in the Board’s decision-making processes by the public, students and staff.